SEO for Photographers.
What is SEO?
SEO is both blessing and curse to many wedding photographers looking to get more work consistently. SEO – (Search Engine Optimisation) is the process of getting your site highly listed in Google (and to a degree Bing) to increase the amount of visitors and in turn, bookings that you will receive. Now SEO can be one of the most mystifying subjects known to man. Online there is a wealth of contradicting information making it so confusing to know what works and what doesn’t.
I have worked in the SEO industry for over 6 years and have ranked my own websites consistently near the top of page 1 for my chosen keywords for the last 4 years. This in turn has seen me shoot around 40 weddings a year for the last few years which has been my target, all with relative ease. The only other marketing I do is the occasional Adwords campaign.
Why use SEO?
SEO can be your long term growth plan. Often photographers pay for wedding fayres as their marketing and whilst these are targeted, these can be expensive and can only be short term solutions to gaining a few bookings. SEO can be built upon by yourself over time to result in customers continually finding your website.
Whilst SEO can be incredibly confusing, but with the right guidance it can be the factor in your business that guides you to increasing your bookings. With guidance it can be safely done by yourself, relatively cheaply. This training program is to guide you to become an SEO guru so that you don’t need to hire someone else.
I have worked in website development, marketing and SEO for a long time. I did web development, SEO and Adwords for a large furniture retailer, doubling their turnover with just these methods I have learnt. Whilst I come from a technical background I will not confuse you with extra knowledge you don’t need. There is nothing more confusing than trying to accomplish something you don’t understand.
I will help to de-mystify the common misconceptions you may face and train you to guide yourself. You can ask me anything. Whilst this is primarily a SEO course, I set no limits to what you can ask. If you want to know about how I use Adwords, social media, WordPress, customer conversion techniques I will be more than happy to help.
I am generally always ranked within the top 3 on Google for my chosen keywords with relative ease – the main of which is “wedding photographer cornwall” click here to see where I am ranked. From 1st January 2016 to now (March 30th 2017) I have had 186 wedding enquiries purely because of my website and SEO. This doesn’t include any Social media enquiries or phone calls which I also get, just website emails.
What you get
What I aim for you to get from this course is actionable and realistic plans to getting yourself more customers.
- Real information. I will not hold back on any tools, tips and tricks that I have used to rank websites on Google. If I know it, I’ll tell you.
- No Crap. Excuse the language but there is nothing worse than having the wrong information that won’t help you. I’ll cut straight to the point and give you everything you need to succeed.
- SEO website analysis. I analyse your website before we chat so that I can give you real advice about YOUR website. This is tailored to you and you getting more bookings.
- Training session. I will spend generally 1 – 2 hours with you, usually via Skype (Or in person if you are in Cornwall), teaching you what you need to know to rank your site.
- An On page action plan. On page SEO changes account for a good percentage of ranking a website. So a little sheet to refer back to is provided.
- Timeline. Once you get working for yourself, things do take time. This is a guide to conducting SEO for yourself. Accurately measuring, tracking and making sure the changes you are making have made the difference. Ultimately this timeline is keeping you on task to ranking your website.
- Follow up chat and analysis. When you are out working on your own it’s nice to check the work you are doing is making a change. If you get stuck or have the inevitable questions that will come up we can go through everything to make sure you are on your way to ranking your site. This is usually around 30 minutes and can be done via Skype.
The price is £250. This is for the review, training session, advice guides as well as a short follow up call to talk about progress. Further 1-2 hour sessions can be booked in at £150 if you would like additional guidance on anything. Payment is accepted via bank transfer.
If you would like to book, please use the contact form below and we can have a chat about how I can help you.